New Year’s Resolution Time!
Welcome to the Richmond Olympic Oval
2015 has arrived – and with it, the imminent fifth anniversary of the Vancouver Winter Olympic Games. Half a decade later, the legacy of this event is evident everywhere – from the City itself to the alpine resort of Whistler; but of all the artifacts these gorgeous games gave us, none is quite so impressive as the Richmond Olympic Oval.
The Oval is an indoor multi-sports arena just twenty minutes from downtown Vancouver. Originally configured as a speed skating rink, the venue now serves as a multi-sport park featuring a pair of ice hockey rinks, a climbing wall (with forty-four different routes), two running tracks, a rowing tank, and space for volleyball, basketball, badminton, ping pong, indoor soccer and even wheelchair rugby. Open since December 12, 2008, it has yet to see a quiet day.
Athletic activities aren’t the only things that attract people to the Oval. It also acts as a venue for weddings, birthday parties and corporate meetings. Let’s look at the features that put it on the map:
• 100+ pieces of strength & cardio equipment
• 2 Olympic-sized ice rinks
• 18 badminton courts
• 13 FIVB regulation volleyball courts
• 10 FIBA regulation basketball courts
• 3 FIFA regulation indoor soccer fields
• 16 international-sized ping pong tables
• 200m, 5-Lane training track
• 110m, 5-Lane sprint track
• indoor rowing & paddling centre
• Group rowing & spinning studio
• Kinesis core conditioning room
On top of that, there’s a physiotherapy clinic available on site!
CLICK HEREfor more information.
*Richmond Olympic Oval is located at 6111 River Road, Richmond, BC V7C 0A2
Photo Courtesy of Richmond Oval